.
.
.
.

TOP 20 indie / alt country slow songs

Hi! It's been a while:)) I had lot of work in a last year or so, so I forgot about this quiet part of internet music space:) To make it up to you (stranger who happened to stumble upon this blog) I compiled a list of my favourite easy listening indie/alt country/post punk whatever songs that I like to listen say late at night or play at the end of the party..

List is quite personal, so perhaps not everyone will agree with me, but I hope each of you will find something worth listening;) Also, list is in random order, kinda like train-of-thought, so don't argue about who's first or last. Like I said they are not genre related so in that aspect list is pretty much a mess:))Every song is linked to youtube so you can hear and judge for yourself..some of the songs are well known, some are not..some are old some are new..some are borrowed some are blue..kidding:)

Anyway, that's all..hope you enjoy..




Calexico - House Of Valparaiso

The Twilight Sad - Cold Days From The Bird House


Anthony & The Johnsons - Hope There's Someone

Band Of Horses - No One's Gonna Love You

Iron & Wine and Calexico - He Lays In The Reins

Beirut - Cliquot

Bon Iver - Skinny Love

Interpol - NYC

The National - Lucky You

Goldfrapp - Eat Yourself

Hayden - Wide Eyes

Frou Frou - Let Go

Kings Of Convenience - Me In You

M83 - Skin Of The Night

Tindersticks - Another Night In

The Wrens - She Sends Kisses

Yo La Tengo - Tears Are In Your Eyes

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! - Details Of The War

Wilco - Ashes Of American Flags

and cliche for the end:

Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees


there are lots of great songs that are floating in my mind right now..maybe I'll make part II :D read ya!

11 comments:

Maizie Blake said...

I think part 2 is a must! bring it on :)

Maila said...

I like Radiohead a lot!

Check out my musicblog http://music-echo.blogspot.com/

cola! said...

YES PLEASE WRITE MORE LIKE SRSLY
i think the internet needs more blogs like these
i like you
you aren't pretentious

Metropolis said...

I hate senseless promotions as much as the next guy, but my friend's band is far too talented and far too under recognized. Out of Newmarket, a bit north of Toronto.

The Geraghtys

Unknown said...

Great picks, really. Hope you make more entries, it's a nice blog.

Anonymous said...

Dude Nice Mix, Once.

slow-show said...

Thanx everyone:D

kaye said...

Nice list! especially foru frou and radiohead and iron and wine

Hey Mister. said...

What about Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros "Home" I think that was one of the best songs everr!!
But this list is very on target!!!!


HEY MISTER BLOG

caroline said...

thank you so much--and def do part2--I was googling indie sad songs to suit my mood at the moment and you killed it!! all were perfect.

Anonymous said...

This blog is great! Band of Horses, Bon Iver, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, M83, and Wilco all in the same post, diggin it.